Monday, April 20, 2009

Himalayas

...also, did I mention??! They are right here! Stunning peaks seen over the top of the foothills where mcleod gang is. Have yet to get a good photo, but will, and will post. It is just amazing! I keep looking up and going "Oh my god!" forgetting that yes, i am right here, under the nose of these great giants.

7 comments:

  1. HI Alysa!
    So good to hear about your trip! What a wonderful way you have of meeting people..and getting directions for what you need. The food , the massage....the home of Dalai Lama! I met him in Seattle once. He looked at me and for a moment it felt like we were both children surrounded by love! Since then, I have heard that people have remarkable experiences when he looks at them....So, can you meet him?
    I wish you the very best for your meditation experience at the Buddhist center. Look forward to seeing the pictures of the mountains...what an experience you are having!
    With love and peace,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized I can click on your blog photos to enlarge them! Great! Love the one of the little boy. And the beautiful one of you dancing at the Taj Mahal in your lovely outfit! And the one of Dharamsala/McLeod Gang almost takes me there. Thank you! Love and hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing photos! I can't wait to see more of them. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alysa!
    Great to see some pictures! I'm so happy you're having such a great time! I'm going to send you an email now... :) Love, nassim

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so excited to see pictures! i'm glad you posted that of you dancing at the taj. You are amazing at making friends! how do you do it? One incredible skill that characterizes prof. travelers such as yourself :) i hope your shoulder gets better. I also give you props for balancing everything you want to do, like wandering and hopefully buying bracelets for me, getting the experience at the farm... and now meditation... that i am most excited to hear about.
    Oh, p.s. i think i need you to agree to be my sister. I have a need to start a new process in "making my family". oh my god, snowing here! update on my life: stupid car accident, totaled my dad's car. luckily it was his! how selfish huh? doing lots of chemistry and math... liking it, loving my new apartment!!!
    kindof becoming a home body as i'm doing my best to manage all that's on the plate ( or manage stress rather) and desperate to find ways to limit how much my summer nights will be wasted at a restaurant. that's it!

    love you!!!! you've reminded me that i've wanted to make lassi's forever.

    p.s. glad you were in india on your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alysa,

    I tried to send a message previously, don't see it posted. Oh well, will try again now. Your mom keeps us updated on your happenings! Haven't read everything entirely, but sounds as though you're having a phenomenal time! How was your massage? We are finally having some spring weather. Tomorrow is off to lunch with the "Vixens" to celebrate Beth's birthday! Going to Cafe Flora, your mom will tell you about it. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morris, yes, I will gladly be your sister. Glad you're enjoying the apartment!! Yeeah! So looking forward to talking lots when i get back.

    ReplyDelete